In the news today ….
Singing in a choir boosts the immune system of people affected by cancer, according to a new study.
“Singing in the choir is about more than just enjoyment, it genuinely makes you feel better”
Diane Raybould, 64, Bridgend Sing With Us Choir
- Being in a choir could help the body fight cancer by boosting the immune system
- Singing reduces stress hormones, such as cortisol, and boosts mood
- Reducing anxiety takes strain off immune system so it can fight disease
- People with depression experienced the greatest mood improvement
- The research suggests singing in a choir could help put cancer patients in the best possible condition to receive treatment and stop tumours returning.
Read the full report HERE
and HERE with rather technical jargon!